ScienceGist, a platforming offering lay summaries of research articles, just announced they are going online after 2 good years of loyal service. This comes as a bit of a sad news, especially at a time where the ability of researchers to communicate with the general public is increasingly important. But this is also an opportunity to shine some light on a few other similar initiatives:
- UsefulScience – Summaries of the latest science useful in life
- SciWorthy – A science news site for the everyday person to better understand science
- GMTRY – Transforms science into art.
- Publiscize – Empowering scientists to free science and make their research available to everyone
- AcaWiki – Summarizing academia and quasi-academia, one document at a time