Here is quick update of the list on digital tools for researchers with a few additions. I am also finalising the writeup of the results from the digital science industry survey that was launched a few months back. Be on the lookout for that.
As always, I am more than happy to consider any tools suggested for the list. Contributions in the form of reviews, comments, tutorial are also more than welcome.
Collaborative writing tools
- Write – Distraction-free text editor for writing productivity.
Find and share data and code
- Deveo – Free, private Git, Mercurial, and SVN repository management platform.
Search engines and curators
- Delvehealth – A data collection of global clinical trials, clinical trial investigator profiles, publications and drug development pipelines.
- Animate Science – Helps scientists get their work noticed by their peers and the general public using visual media.
Work with data
- OMICtools – A manually curated metadatabase of genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics and metabolomics.